Many thanks to Darina at Facing the Story for nominating me with this award, very much appreciated. Please check out her blog I always enjoy her Studious Saturday blog posts.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them, and provide a link to the post you’ve created
HOW BRUNCHING BOOKWORMS THE STORY STARTED
There are two of us who make up Brunching Bookworms. Katie and Dee. Together we formed a friendship at work, from our passion of food, books and our third (most important) love, pugs! We work in different offices in different parts of town, so we used to email each other everyday kind of like work pen pals. It was me who suggested that we put our love of books and food together to create a blog. I have always wanted to create a book blog but was a little nervous so asked Dee if she wanted to join me on this and do it together. We brainstormed names and finally came up with Brunching Bookworms. I think our blog works well because even though we share the same interests, we both have different opinions around these subjects and like slightly different things, hope the blog has a varied variety for everyone. We just started this blog as a bit of fun, it’s almost been a year and we are closely reaching 300 followers on WordPress and almost 1,500 on instagram. I’m just amazed that an idea between two friends at work has turned into something so well liked.
MY ADVICE TO NEW BLOGGERS
1. Just be yourself and do what you want to do. There are soooooo many amazing and brilliant book bloggers around the world. At first I was so intimidated that my posts were not good enough or my writing wasn’t great or our Instagram photos were not very creative. But I think it’s important to just do what YOU think is cool, fun, interesting or creative and not judge yourself on what others are doing. If you think you have a cool post to share then share it, someone out there will read it and love it. It doesn’t matter if you have 10 followers or 10,000 if you enjoy what you are doing then that’s all that matters and if you enjoy it so will lots of other people too.
2. Engage with as many people as you can. The book blog / blogging community in general is very friendly. I am still surprised people read my posts, comment and discuss their thoughts on them. It’s amazing and I love chatting to people and making new connections, getting different opinions and thoughts, or inspiration from others. The only way you can do that is comment back, like people’s posts, tag people in awards, link posts you think are great, discuss, chat, share your own thoughts, tell people if you think their blog is good, a compliment goes a long way. Anyone who loves reading, loves talking about books so just be open and chat to everyone. We are all very friendly people and we all love to read!
These are some of the brilliant bloggers whose posts I have loved recently and I would like to give this award to:
Flowers In The Brain
There’s something about KM
The Bookworm Drinketh
Elysa The Biblio Blogger
Books Life and other Oddities
What Rebeccas Read
Books and Stuff
Life of Chaz
Mel to the Any
Thank you again to Darina for the award and thanks to everyone who has read this post.
To everyone who I have tagged, I love your blogs and hope you will join in, I can’t wait to read about how you started your blogs and your advice to give to new bloggers. If you have done this award already, link me to your answers I would still love to read them.