It’s been 4 months since my last TBR pile check. I have read a LOT. But we shall see how much of that was planned!
I hope that I can still read a lot more from my TBR pile so I can hopefully finish this year with a sort of clean slate, so that my bookshelf isn’t still full of books I have owned for years and never picked up.
Like I always do, I get distracted and buy books all the time but hey I’m a bookworm I have no shame!
BOOKS I HAVE TICKED OFF THE TBR LIST
YAY I have achieved something!
1. Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
4. Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeymi (It’s my CR)
7. The Gurnsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
BOOKS THAT ARE STILL ON MY BOOKSHELF TBR PILE
Really embarrassed to say that since the last post I did in May, I STILL haven’t read any of these books. Read here for more info… they are all still neglected.
1. Spectacles by Sue Perkins
2. Walking The Nile by Levison Wood
3. Green Mile by Stephen King
4. Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice
5. On Green Dolphin Street by Sebastian Faulks
6. Marley and Me by John Grogan
7. I am Malala by Malala Yausafzai
8. Why Men Can’t Listen and Why Women Can’t Read Maps by Allan and Barbara Pease
9. The Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo by Amy Schumer
10. The Girls by Emma Cline
11. The Final Girls by Riley Sager
BOOKS I HAVE RECENTLY ADDED TO MY TBR PILE
The never ending pile I keep adding too… most of these are books I don’t even own yet.
1.The Mermaid and Mrs Hancock by Imogen Hermes
2. The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
3. The Beekeeper – Rescuing Stolen Women of Iraq by Dunja Mikhail
4. The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw
5. The Bees by Laline Paull
6. Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman
7. City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty
8. Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
I have read LOADS in the last 4 months, what I have listed here is just what I have read from my TBR pile. I keep getting distracted, buying new books and STILL continuing to neglect the ones that have been troopers waiting on my bookshelf to be read that I have ignored for years. Maybe I need to cut my losses with some of them and just get rid? If I haven’t read them by the end of the year I think that will be my plan.
My new TBR list grows and grows and I read much more from this list than the books I actually own!
How do you control your TBR pile? How do you stop yourselves from buying a new book instead of reading something you already have? Let me know I need some tips. Katie x